About the Media Center
ABOUT THE MEDIA SPECIALIST
I have been the librarian at AHS since 2007. I am a 1991 graduate of Addison. I am married and have four children.
BS Ed. - Language Arts - Athens State
MA - Library and Information Studies - University of Alabama
BOOK CHECK-OUT POLICY
Students may keep books for 2 weeks, but are encouraged to return a book as soon as possible so they can find another book to read.
There is a $0.05 charge for each day a book is overdue.
DAMAGED & LOST BOOK POLICY
If a book is damaged the student should report the damage so that the librarian may, if possible, repair the book. If a book is lost or damaged beyond use, the student must pay for the total cost of the book.
ACCELERATED READER (AR)
About the AR Program: Accelerated Reader (AR) is an electronic reading incentive program that is designed to motivate students to read more and better quality books. First, students read AR books and take a computerized test. After the test has been scored, points are awarded to students based upon the number of correct answers given and the point value of the book.
Remembering Our Goal:
Please keep in mind that AR is NOT all about the points. The purpose of AR is to
1. Encourage a love for reading.
2. Improve reading skills by allowing children to read and test on books that are on their reading level.
Accelerated Reader Help!
To find out if books you have at home are AR books, follow the steps below:
1. Go to www.arbookfind.com
2. Click the Quick Search tab (on top of the page).
3. Type a book title, author, or series in the search box.
4. Click Go.
5. To narrow the results, select any of the options on the left of the screen under Refine Your Search. You can continue to refine your search until you get your desired results.
What's Happening in the Library?
Online College Courses